Certificate of Competence in 3D Design – 3D Animation and Motion Graphics Specialization
In this twelve-month course, you will explore the techniques of Autodesk’s Maya and Adobe’s After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere Pro. You will initially be immersed in design fundamental units which include drawing and illustration, colour theory, principles and elements of design, typography, idea generation and creative communication.
You will be taught to design and create 3D animations and motion graphics for film and Television. With the help of an experienced animator and motion graphics designer, you will develop skills that will launch your career in the highly rewarding animation and motion graphics design industries.
Learning and Assessment
You will learn through a wide variety of teaching and learning methods including practical workshops, lectures, collaborative work and peer group critiques. Your assessment will be based on a submission of portfolio that demonstrates proficiency and excellence from a professional’s perspective.
- Must be 18 years old, at least.
- Should have successfully completed Senior High School, at least.
- Should have basic IT skills or must be computer literate.
- Must have a solid grasp of the English language.
- Must be of sound mind.
Very important to note: This course is specially designed for those who have artistic inclination and who find this course useful and relevant to achieving their career aspirations.
What you will be required to bring to class (Hardware and Software):
All the learners will be required to bring to class a 64-bit windows laptop or an Apple Macintosh Airport-equipped notebook computer with DVD-R with the latest versions of Adobe’s Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere Pro and Autodesk’s Maya software programmes installed.
- Be trained by industry experts.
- Gain valuable experience from like-minded learners.
- Build an industry-standard creative portfolio.
- Gain Certificate of Competence in 3D Design with specialization in 3D Animation and Motion Graphics.